- Events & News
- Events & News
How to Become a Volunteer at Wesley Ridge
Wesley Communities volunteers are required to complete the following before any volunteer work begins:
1) Fill out a volunteer application.
2) Interview and tour with the Volunteer Coordinator. Once your application has been processed, we'll call you to set up an appointment for the interview and tour. You will need to complete any remaining paperwork by the interview date.
3) Adult volunteers must complete an Applicant Authorization form for a background/fingerprint check. This check is mandatory for adults.
4) Obtain a badge from our Human Resource office before your volunteer service begins. A valid driver's license, state ID, or student ID must be presented to obtain a badge. Adults will be fingerprinted at this time at no cost.
5) Take a TB test if you will volunteer for more than 10 hours a month. Our nursing staff will provide this test at no cost.
6) High school students must be at least 15 years old and in the ninth grade or above to apply to volunteer. In addition, they must: have parental consent, sign the student contract/dress code, and get a seasonal flu shot.
7) All volunteers are required to sign the dress code and confidentiality agreement and to get a seasonal flu shot. We will provide a flu shot here at no cost.
8) Prospective volunteers who have recently been hospitalized must wait six months before volunteering.
9) Prospective volunteers must be able to work independently and must be able to commit to three (3) months and six (6) hours per month. (This can vary, contact Volunteer Coordinator for more information.)
10) ALL completed volunteer paperwork needs to be given to the Volunteer Coordinator to file.
11) We will provide volunteers with a Volunteer T-Shirt.
*Wesley Communities do not participate in any court-ordered community service hours.
Want a closer look?
We invite you to come for a visit and discover Wesley Ridge for yourself. For retirement community information or to schedule a personal tour, call us at 614-759-0023 or fill out and submit the form below to send us an email.