- Events & News
- Events & News
How to Become a Volunteer at Wesley Ridge
Wesley Communities volunteers are required to complete the following before any volunteer work begins:
1) Fill out a volunteer application.
2) Once your application has been processed, you will be called to set up an appointment to interview and tour with the Volunteer Coordinator.
3) Complete an Application Authorization form for a background/fingerprint check.
4) Obtain a photo identification badge from our Human Resource office. A valid driver's license, state ID, or student ID must be presented to obtain a badge.
5) Review and sign the dress code, confidentiality agreement, and take a seasonal flu shot. Wesley Ridge can provide the flu shot; see the volunteer coordinator to schedule an appointment.
6) Volunteers who work more than 10 hours a month will need a TB test. Wesley Ridge can provide this; see the volunteer coordinator to schedule an appointment.
7) Prospective volunteers must be able to work independently and commit to three (3) months and at least six (6) hours per month of service. This can vary, contact volunteer coordinator for more information.
8) High school students must be at least fifteen (15) years old, submit parental consent, sign the student contract and dress code contract, and take a seasonal flu shot.
9) Prospective volunteers who have recently been hospitalized must wait six months before volunteering.
10) The Wesley Communities does not participate in court ordered community services hours.
11) All completed volunteer paperwork must be submitted to the volunteer coordinator.
Want a closer look?
We invite you to come for a visit and discover Wesley Ridge for yourself. For retirement community information or to schedule a personal tour, call us at 614-759-0023 or fill out and submit the form below to send us an email.